Translate

Search This Blog

2013/03/20

TSO Preludes & My Birthday

My birthday is coming up! I'm going to be 9 years old soon!

My favourite birthday so far was when we had a duo from the Toronto Symphony Orchestra come to my school. (I was still going to a regular school then.)


Ed Hayes and Marie Gelinas played songs from all around the world. They are a part of the TSO Preludes program where they do musical presentations in schools. I don't remember the names of all of the songs but I do remember the Russian Sailor's Dance, Hava Nagila and Where Have All the Flowers Gone. 


It was really fun because we listened to good music and we got to play some percussion instruments. They had drums, shakers, rhythm sticks and even a rain stick. Some of them I had never even seen before.

This percussion instrument was shaped like a frog!


Some kids even got to play the percussion instruments while Ed and Marie played on cello and keyboard! That was cool!


Here is one of my favourite songs from the presentation:

A Jamaican Folk Song



Thank you so much Ed and Marie!!!
I really loved the presentation and I hope to see you again sometime. :-)


~~~


The TSO doen't offer the Preludes programme any more. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment