Translate

Search This Blog

2013/12/31

Gin Lane at Mackenzie House's Hogmanay Celebrations

Last night we went to Hogmanay at Mackenzie House. I almost didn't go because my cat scratched me and I wasn't very happy. But, I really wanted to go to have haggis and listen to Gin Lane perform.
I've always loved haggis and it turns out that they got theirs from But'N'Ben which supplies the place where we normally get ours!

Gin Lane does music from the 18th and 19th centuries and it was the first time I got to see them in person. They are really funny and you can tell that they are completely comfortable performing in front of people.

The first thing we did when we got to Mackenzie House was operate the printing press. I put the letters in my slider backwards but Bruce Beaton fixed it before we went to print.

Here's how it came out.


After we printed my souvenir, we went downstairs to listen to Gin Lane play.
They were amazing!

Here's a video from last night.

We had lots of haggis.

And we also had oat cakes with jams and marmalade, mince tarts, ginger cookies, some gingerbread loaf and tea. They also had trifle, but it had alcohol in it.

We especially loved loved their apple cider!

Mackenzie House was decorated for the holidays and it looked very festive.


They really put a lot of effort into everything!

After we ate we went back downstairs to listen to Gin Lane play some more songs.
They were so nice. They signed my CD and they posed for a picture with me. :-)

Thank you to the staff of Mackenzie House and to Gin Lane for a wonderful evening!!!


About my cat - The good news is that my scratches are already healing. I don't have any sign of a fever and I've already forgiven him. It is the first time he's ever scratched me and I know it was an accident. He's an indoor cat but Mom says we're still going to look out for any signs of fever or infection for the next few weeks.
I'm so glad that I didn't let the scratches stop me from enjoying last night.


Happy New Year everybody!

3 comments:

  1. You have to explain what Haggis tastes like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great blog! Thanks for visiting us - Mackenzie House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Mackenzie House Josh. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete