Translate

Search This Blog

2013/06/08

Joshua Bell and Edgar Meyer with the TSO

On Thursday, Dad and I went to see Joshua Bell and Edgar Meyer play with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. Peter Oundjian conducted.

There is a video about Joshua Bell's violin on The Star's website.

I really liked Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring. I've always loved this piece and I love the way  the TSO plays it. I can't wait for next season when Rob Kapilow will talk about it in the "What makes it Great" concert series.

For the Canadian premiere of Edgar Meyer's Concerto for Violin and Double Bass, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It was good but I don't understand how the music fits together.


I could get lost in Ravel's Tzigane. Joshua Bell is so talented!
I wish I could express myself better so I could explain it... Mom tells me to keep on writing and it will get easier, and she reminds me that I'm only 9 years old. (She also tells me to read a lot.)

I loved Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi. They used the piano, celesta AND the organ! The first movement is so energetic! The second movement is slower and a bit darker. For the third movement, it was softer; you could even hear the harps. We were surprised in the fourth movement when the trumpet players started playing right by where we were sitting in the balcony! I like it when I get to be so close to the musicians! You get to feel the vibrations of the music. :-)

It was a great concert!

Here is a link to a youtube video of Tzigane by Maurice Ravel played by Itzhak Perlman and the New York Philharmonic




No comments:

Post a Comment