Translate

Search This Blog

2017/05/21

Violin Recital

It has been a very busy month.
I got my grade for my RCM Grade 8 Piano exam... I got 87%. Not bad but not what I was hoping for.

My violin teacher put on a recital for her students today. I haven't performed on the violin in a long time. I really like accompanying and hiding behind the piano or performing with a group. It is hard for me to be in the spotlight. 

My violin exam is coming up and my teacher thought it would be a good idea for me to play this particular piece in front of people. It is a Romantic piece and I like to play Baroque. I was a bit nervous. I met the accompanist, Christine Kim, today for the first time. But, I have seen her play before... She accompanies Linda Eyman's Celebration Choir and I have seen them in concert. (My Mom is in Linda Eyman's Vocal Mosaic Choir and they put on a joint concert twice a year.)

Here is my piece. I made a couple mistakes in the middle and my posture wasn't the best.
I have a lot to work on before my exam.

It is Adoration by Felix Borowski

I realized at this concert, that the younger kids are probably looking at me and the more advanced students for what they can achieve in the future.

I remember how difficult it all seemed when I started  with the Suzuki method. It wasn't a good fit for me because I already knew how to read music from my piano lessons. Violin does get better if they stick with it. 

1 comment: