Translate

Search This Blog

2017/12/12

My hair


The last time I cut my hair was about 2 years ago.... I was about to start a Summer Dance Intensive and I wanted to make it easier for me to manage. When I realized that I was giving up music and even my hair for dance, I changed my mind, and stopped. I am a musician, and I am a musician with an Afro!

In choir practice, when my hair was in the usual Afro-ponytail, another chorister told me that my hair was blocking his music. At first, I didn't know how to react and I meekly suggested doing something different with my hair. The more I think about it, the more it upsets me.

Why should my hair be a problem for someone else?

If I were female, he wouldn't have said anything.
If I had straight hair, he wouldn't have said anything.
If I were older, he wouldn't have said anything.

I should have gone back with my hair out in all its glory!

My hair is a part of my body, and I should be accepted just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment