Translate

Search This Blog

2016/12/04

Thomas Gonder at The Cathedral Church of St. James

I have seen Thomas Gonder playing at "Music at Midday" at St. James Cathedral twice now.
He is absolutely spectacular!

On October 4th he played:

Hagia Sofia by Naji Hakim
&
Hommage a Igor Stravinski (Triptyque pour Grand Orgue) by Naji Hakim



and on November 29th he played:

Marche Episcopale by David Briggs
Fugue Improvisee pour Sulpice by David Briggs
Le Tombeau d'Olivier Messiaen (Trois meditations symphoniques pour Orgue) by Naji Hakim


I've noticed that Thomas Gonder likes to perform contemporary music.  Both concerts featured composers who are still alive.  In fact, David Briggs was in the audience last week! And he loved it!

I can't believe how brilliant Thomas Gonder is, and he really pushed the organ to its limits. I'm still flabbergasted!

And I can't believe all of these organists do these performances for free!

Here is a link to the youtube video of David Briggs doing his Fugue Improvisee pour Sulpice:


Here is a picture of me with Thomas Gonder at the October concert:



No comments:

Post a Comment