Translate

Search This Blog

2016/11/29

Simon Walker's "Music at Midday" Concert At St James Cathedral

Last week Tuesday, Mom and I went to St James Cathedral's "Music at Midday".
I almost didn't get to blog about it because of my exam preparations and my own concert on Sunday. (I was the principal violist in my youth orchestra. We had rehearsals on Saturday and performed on Sunday.)


Simon Walker was our soloist. 
He Played...
  • Prelude in F-sharp minor by D. Buxtehude
  • Fantaisie in A by C. Franck
  • Chorale Prelude 'Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland by J.S. Bach
  • March on a theme of Handel by A. Guilmant
He was amazing!
I love being able to hear so many good organists. I am so lucky that I can go to these concerts on a Tuesday afternoon.

March on a theme of Handel by A. Guilmant is based on the opening of Lift Up Your Heads from Handel's Messiah but it has a Bach feel.

Mom loved Fantasie in A by C. Frank.... She told me it moved her to tears.

All of his selections were wonderful.



I wonder if it would be possible to organize an organ concert geared towards school kids?
I think more kids my age should get the chance hear such great music.  They'd like it, they just don't know that they'd like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment