Translate

Search This Blog

2017/08/02

Manuel Piazza at "Music at Midday"


Yesterday, Mom and I went to "Music at Midday" at the Cathedral Church of St. James.
Their new Organ Scholar, Manuel Piazza, played for us. He is going to take up the position in September.

He played:

  • Prelude in B Minor BWV 544 by J. S. Bach (1685 - 1750)
  • Prelude in G Major, Op. 105 by Charles V. Stanford (1852 - 1924)
  • Fugue in C Major, from Sonata No. 2, Op. 65 by Felix Mendelssohn (1809 - 1947)
  • Organ Symphony No. 6, Op. 42, No. 2 by Charles-Marie Widor
    I. Allegro
    II. Adagio
    V. Final


He was amazing and his program was very entertaining!

I especially loved the Organ Symphony selections by Charles-Marie Widor.
His playing was very precise but also artistic.

Prelude in G Major by Charles V. Stanford was soft, balanced and very enjoyable.

The pieces that Manuel chose were very good at showing off the organ.
I loved it!


After the concert, I got to meet Manuel.

Here is a picture of me, Robert and Manuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment