Translate

Search This Blog

2017/08/02

Ukulele at Scarborough Museum

Mom and I went to Scarborough Museum yesterday.
They have music on Tuesdays this Summer so we decided to check it out.

They have free ukulele lessons at 4pm and I have always wanted to try it out.
Mattie was our teacher. She is doing a degree in Music Education at the University of Toronto and she's already very good at teaching!

Mom and I have very different ways of learning and Mattie was able to help both of us.
I can pick up an instrument and fiddle with it and figure a lot out on my own. Mom likes it when she has step by step oral instructions with additional information so she can see what to do.
Mattie was able to help both of us.
 


We tried out playing Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

It was our first time with ukuleles so Mom didn't get very far and I wasn't able to switch chords fast enough, but it was fun.

It rained a little so we went into the Parlour of the Cornell House to continue the lesson but it cleared back up and we were able to go back outside.


We also got to have scones with blackcurrant jam made by volunteers at the Museum.
It was delicious!
They even gave me the recipe. :-)


Thank you so much Mattie and to everyone at the Scarborough Museum for a wonderful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment