Translate

Search This Blog

2018/05/26

My Recital at St. James



I did my second ever solo recital earlier this month. It was on May 8th at the Cathedral Church of St. James.
It wasn't as nerve-racking as the first time.

Normally when I do concerts or rehearsals, my parents record some of it, but this time, they sat and enjoyed it.

We arranged with Philip Elliot to do an audio recording of the concert for us.
I'm so happy that we could get such a wonderful recording!


My program included:
  • Rigaudon by Andre Campra (166 - 1744)
  • Trio in C Minor, BWV 585 by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
  • Prelude and Fugue in E Minor, BWV 533 by J. S. Bach
  • Fantasia in C Minor, BWV 562 by J. S. Bach
  • Sonata de 1o Tono by Jose Lidon (1748 - 1827)
  • Folk Tune by Percy Whitlock (1903 - 1946)
  • Choral Song by Samuel Wesley (1810 - 1876)
  • Berceuse by Louis Vierne (1870 - 1937)
  • Gaelic Fantasy by Hans-Andre Stamm (b. 1958)

I finally had time to sit down and listen to the performance.

It is very different listening to the concert and comparing it to how I experienced it while playing. The Rigaudon and the Bach pieces all went really well. I stumbled in the Sonata; the stumble was only about a split second, but it seemed so much longer while playing. I approached the Gaelic Fantasy a little too fast..It would have sounded better if I had just gone a little slower. Everything else was good. :-)

I uploaded a few of the pieces from the concert to SoundCloud
Rigaudon by Andre Campra
https://soundcloud.com/joshua-duncan-lee/rigaudon-by-andre-campra-live

Fantasia in C Minor by J. S. Bach
https://soundcloud.com/joshua-duncan-lee/fantasia-in-c-minor-bwv-562-by-j-s-bach

Choral Song by Samuel Wesley
https://soundcloud.com/joshua-duncan-lee/choral-song-by-samuel-s-wesley


Lots of homeschoolers came out to listen. Thank you so much for coming, it was great having so much support from other homeschoolers! I really hope you all enjoyed it!


me with Robert Busiakiewicz (left) and Ian Sadler (right)


A special thank you to my teacher - Ian Sadler,  Robert Busiakiewicz - the Director of Music at St. James, and to Philip for recording the concert. :-)

1 comment: