Translate

Search This Blog

2013/10/17

The Toronto Zoo Elephants

We've known for a long time that the elephants at the Toronto Zoo were going to be moved to a Sanctuary in California.

I looked back in my old journal, and I found this from 2011:

I did not expect it to take this long, but I saw on the news this morning that they are leaving today. It should take them about 3 - 5 days to get to California. That's a really long time to be in a small space. I hope that they have enough food and water on the trip and that they'll be as comfortable as possible. I really hope they survive the journey!

Here is a picture from when I did the overnight Serengeti Bush Camp at the zoo.


And here is an old picture of all three of the elephants.


I'm going to miss the elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment