Translate

Search This Blog

2016/10/18

Ian Sadler's "Music at Midday" Concert at St. James' Cathedral


Today, Mom and I went to St. James' Cathedral for their weekly "Music at Midday" concert. The Organist was Ian Sandler. He has been the the Organist at St. James' Cathedral since the beginning of this year. His playing is indescribable. It's amazing beyond words!

I won't tell you exactly what he played because he plans to do a similar program in a few months and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I particularly loved the piece from Symphony No. 2 in E minor by Louis Vierne.  And I also loved the Hornpipe Humoresque by Noel Rawsthorne. It was a humorous piece that was actually funny! I was able to pick out quite a few familiar themes from different composers.

After the concert, I got to meet Ian Sandler, and both he and Robert showed me the organ. It is such a beautiful instrument!




Ian and Robert, thank you so much for a wonderful concert and for showing me the organ!

No comments:

Post a Comment