Mom, Dad and I went to the Na-Me-Res Pow Wow on Saturday. It was a bright, sunny day and it was the perfect weather!
All this month, I have been learning about First Nations Peoples and it was amazing to go to the Pow Wow!
Here is a video from the first Inter-Tribal Song.
There were some things I noticed:
- People entered the dance circle from the Eastern Doorway and danced in a clockwise direction.
- Dogs were not allowed in the dance circle.
- The MC would let us know who could dance and when we were all invited to dance.
- The MC also let us know when it was OK to take photographs. (We didn't take any pictures or video during the Grand Entry or Honour Songs.)
- Everybody was very friendly!
I loved the men's regalia!
I got to see the Grass Dance, the Women's Traditional Dance, the Fancy Shawl Dance, the Jingle Dress Dance, the Duck and Dive, the Men's Traditional Dance and the Crow Hop!
Here are some pictures of me dancing at the Pow Wow.
It was a lot of fun!
I also got to learn a bit about the Na-Me-Res. They provide help for Aboriginal men who are in need.
You can check out their website at nameres.org.
To all the people who were involved in making it such a great day, Miigwetch!