Translate

Search This Blog

2014/12/13

Final Rehearsals for The Nutcracker

This week we had our final rehearsals for the National Ballet of Canada's "The Nutcracker". We had some rehearsals at the Walter Carsen Centre and the last rehearsals were at the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. The Choreographer - James Kudelka watched as we rehearsed. Sometimes he even corrected us. It was so cool!!

When I was a mouse I knew how amazing it was to be a part of The Nutcracker.
Now I realize just how amazing it is to be around so many talented people! People who run the rehearsals, work on the sets, make the costumes, put on make up, play the music, organize everybody & everything, and of course, the dancers. The beautiful ballet is final product of the teamwork of all of these super-talented people.

It snowed a lot this week. But that doesn't stop rehearsals or performances.
Here are some pictures from outside the Four Seasons Centre.



Before and after my rehearsals I studied for my Intermediate Theory Exam.
I had my exam yesterday morning. I even finished it early.


Last night at the Orchestra Dress Rehearsal we had a full audience so it was really like a performance. I volunteered to substitute for a baby mouse who was late. I was glad to help out and I also got to do my own roles of chef and guard. It was so much fun!
I was on stage in both acts! I just love being on stage.

I would like to thank Miss Toto, Mr. Kastoff and everybody else at the National Ballet School for letting me be a part of such a wonderful production. I would also like to thank Mr. Kudelka for choreographing such a beautiful ballet!

No comments:

Post a Comment