Translate

Search This Blog

2017/03/25

Bishop Terry Finlay's Funeral


Today was a sad day.
Mom and I went to St. James Cathedral to say farewell to Bishop Terry Finlay.


We knew him as Terry and he was a cool person to sit down and have a cup of tea with.
The first time we went to All Saints Kingsway for service, he was the first person to greet us. He was very friendly and he explained the service to us. Afterwards he invited us to tea and it became a regular part of our week.

One week he sang the song "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho" to me in front of everybody in the Wilkinson Room at ASK.

He loved hearing me play the piano and he always asked me to play the piano or the violin. He also asked me to play organ on the day I was baptized. He loved that I was able to play that day. I am still very thankful for that opportunity.

Our topics of conversation varied widely. We spoke about the big questions of the day, tea, life, twtitter, music... just about anything.

The last conversation we had we spoke about the bishop's rochet as compared to the cassock. He said "rochet" would be a good word to know for crosswords and scrabble.

Both Mom and I will miss him dearly.
Our deepest condolences to A.J., his children, grandchildren, and other family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment