Translate

Search This Blog

2013/01/25

My Grade 4 Piano Exam

I had my Grade 4 piano exam today.

This morning, I woke up early and got ready to go to the RCM's Telus Centre. I love that building! They have the coolest, old instruments displayed there. The bistro is nice too.

Dad and I reached early for the exam and we waited together for a while. (Mom gets too nervous when I have exams so she didn't come.) I had to wait by myself outside the examination room for a bit too - that was boring.
I had 'butterflies' in my tummy.

The examiner was really nice. I don't know her name though. I did the scales first. I only remember doing A major even though I know I did more than that.

Then I played my studies. Study in Bb Major was OK but I had a problem with Avalanche. I thought I messed up on the last crescendo of Avalanche and I asked to start over. The examiner said I could from the second half. That was really nice of her and it helped me to relax a bit.

I think my repertoire songs were good. For List C, I did Schumann's Wild Horseman.

Of course my ear test was really good. Identifying the intervals is my favourite part of the exam. :-)

I'll let you know my exam results when I get them.

For now, it's time to just have some fun!
I'm going to play.....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was OK... I used to have problems with that last part of Avalanche too, but it is the nicest part of the song... and you feel really good when you get it right :)
    Grandma says she's sure you did well and congratulations. She wants you to have LOTS OF FUN!!! Me Too!!! Love Annie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie Chris and Grandma!

      Delete