Translate

Search This Blog

2013/01/30

The TSO's 2013-2014 Season

Yesterday, I got to go to the unveiling of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra's 2013-2014 season.

It will be Peter Oundjian's 10th anniversary with the TSO and they showed a cool video congratulating him. I wish I could congratulate him too!


There are a couple of things I'm excited about in the next season.

Rob Kapilow will be back with his Exposed: What Makes It Great concerts. We'll be looking at  Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Beethoven's Violin Concerto and Copland's "Appalachian Spring".

They will have a special performance for Chinese New Year with Yuja Wang on piano and conducted by Long Yu.They will have traditional Chinese and Western orchestral music. They're going to play Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.

Cirque de la Symphonie looks good too! They will have Khachaturian's Sabre Dance and some of my other favourites.

They will be doing "A Christmas Carol" as one of the Holiday concerts. Mom & Dad say the first time I went to the TSO it was to see "A Christmas Carol". They also did a version of Sleigh Ride that was originally by Liberace and that's when I fell in love with piano. It doesn't say that they'll do it again, but I'll be very happy if they do.

There are so many performances I'd like to go to but I can't list them all here.

To find out more about the TSO's 2013/2014 season, you can visit their website.
www.tso.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment