Translate

Search This Blog

2013/01/16

My Nutcracker Experience

Being a mouse in the Nutcracker was one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. I loved the rehearsals. I loved working with Miss Toto and I enjoyed working with Mr. Samohin, the accompanist (I'm not sure how to spell his name).

What was really special was getting to meet David Briskin! That was amazing! I'm so happy that he would take the time to meet someone like me!

I really loved performing!

I finally got to see the second act of the Nutcracker at my last performance on January 4, 2013.
We sat up in the balcony area of the Four Seasons Centre. We couldn't take pictures of the stage but we did get a picture all together.

Mom surprised me with a Mouse King Nutcracker!
I'm going take it out every Christmas and remember my first time ever performing in a ballet on stage!

The National Ballet of Canada's Nutcracker is really special. The choreography was by James Kudelka and he really thought about making sure us kids could be involved. The costumes and sets were by Santo Loquasto. The colours and the designs were so beautiful, they were dazzling to the eyes. The professional dancers were amazing and they expressed the music in a way only dancers could. Of course, I loved the music most of all!

I really hope that I'll be involved in the next season's Nutcracker.


~~~~~~~~


Here is a list of blog posts that I wrote about this season's Nutcracker.

  • The Rehearsal where my parents could attend.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you will too, Josh! :) Love your Mouse King!
    - Auntie Rita

    ReplyDelete