Translate

Search This Blog

2016/09/26

Bach's "Coffee Cantata"

Yesterday afternoon, Mom and I went to Rezonance Baroque Ensemble's performance of Bach's "Coffee Cantata".

It was like no other performance I have ever been to!

It was in a Cafe setting with an eclectic mix of chairs and a few tables. It was a lot more relaxed and light-hearted. I am used to seeing Baroque music performed in a very serious way. This time it was all about fun.

I loved it!

We started off with the Prelude from Partita for solo violin No. 6 in E-Major, BWV 1006.

Then we had the Coffee Cantata BWV 211, Schweight stille, plaudert nicht - Kaffeekantate.

And after the coffee break, the Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major, BWV 1050.

They were amazing!

I especially loved the harpsichord!
I never get to hear harpsichord solos and it was just wonderful!


Our performers were:
  • Domenico Sanfilippo - Bass Baritone
  • Vania Chan - Soprano
  • Bud Roach - Tenor
  • Andres Tucci-Clarke - Cello
  • Joanna Marsden - Flute
  • Rezan Onen-Lapointe - Violin
  • David Podgorski - Harpsichord
  • Jimin Shin - Viola
  • Kailey Richards - Violin



It was so good to see Andres again.
He helps out with the TDSB Downtown Summer Strings.

And here is a picture of me with Rezan and David.


  Thank you so much Rezan for inviting me!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you and your mom could come see the concert, and that you enjoyed it! Best of luck in all your adventures :)
    Rezan

    ReplyDelete